ODB Features and Capabilities
The following is a partial list of features built into the new 1.0 version ODB. For a printable, extended version of this list, click this link.
- Record donations, event registrations, grants, etc.
- Generate merged thank-you letters to donors
- Track the success of appeals
- Prepare mailing labels, quick reports, and tax receipts
- One-click exporting of data for Word mail merges
- Easily mark contacts with returned/bad address mail
- Check validity of email addresses and easily mark expired emails
Organizing and Outreach
- Select lists of contacts and organizations based on issue, constituency, location, activities, etc.
- Easily generate lists of email addresses, with automatic duplicate removal, and in different formats
- Generate phone trees
- Organize and promote events
- Track volunteer interests and skills
- Manage committee members
- Rate the support level of voters, journalists, funders, etc.
- Find everyone on a tenant list that lives on the same street, or in the same housing development
- Track district, ward, precinct, voter registration status, party affiliation, etc.
- Continually customize the tracking codes, categories, and events as your organization grows and changes
- Easily turn on or off features, depending on your needs (e.g. fax number, country field, title and suffix fields, etc.)
- Select templates with codes and features specific to organizations like yours (e.g. labor unions, peace groups, women's organizations)
- Share your template once you customize the database for your group, so that others with similar missions can benefit
- Keep track of members and dues
- Set default dues amount and length of membership cycle
- Easily customized donation and renewal slips with merged information
- Define none, some, or all donation categories as advancing member expiration date
- Automatic prompts to backup the database
- Easily upgrade to new versions
- Download sign-up information from the web
- Internet look-up for missing phone and address data
- Automatic entry of city and state, based on zip code
- Sort a bulk mailing list for the post office (with third party Postage Saver software)