One of the great things about the Organizers Database is that anyone can download the program and be up and running in minutes. However, if you just use the default configuration of the software, you are missing out on the true power of ODB.
Features like customized codes, security settings, customized reports, note tracking, email list integration, city/state lookups, notes and reminders, appeal codes, international contact info compatibility, and pledges are turned OFF
by default, so that they do not get in the way if you don't need them.
While you can probably figure out how to set these features up, the truth is that almost all organizations will use ODB more effectively with support from us. This is particularly in the early stages. Support services can cut the time required to implement ODB by a factor of four or five.
The support services we provide are divided into three categories. All are affordable.*
Self-Help Plus Phone Support
You can follow the instructions in the 70-page manual and rely mostly on free help from the ODB community. Be aware that it may take a few days to receive a reply using free support.
- ODB works great as a contact manager without any customization
- There is no charge to turn on automatic backups, to network ODB locally on up to 15 PCs, etc.
- Properly formatted spreadsheets or address books with basic contact info can be converted to text and then imported using ODB's built in utility
- ODB has more shortcuts to help you manually enter your paper records (i.e. your rolodex) than any comparable program
- Basic Phone Support can be purchased here at cost of just $100 to $250 a year, sliding scale rates
Setup Assistance (Optionally
OC provides support and training packages to ensure you can take advantage of all of ODB's features.
- All support and training packages include Basic Phone Support
- The Basic Setup Package provides you with 4 to 5 hours of help from a consultant familiar with ODB's 190 customization settings
- To save you even more time in getting up to speed, you may purchase the Setup Assistance with Training option or the more extensive Premium Installation service.
- Our Customization Survey is used with all packages as a tool to help identify the codes for issues, activities, payments, constituencies, events, types, regions, and appeals for your new database
A La Carte Services
- Our 1.1 Tuneup Service will assist you with the migration from earlier versions and help you take advantage of the 150+ settings that were added since version 0.9
- If you have existing data from an older database, a consultant can help you move that data into ODB
- Our Import Preparation Checklist is a tool to help you prepare for conversion
- Conversion costs are billed at an hourly rate, and we can provide a written estimate once we see a sample of your data
- OC also offers Advanced Configuration Support, for organizations that need help in developing custom reports, or integrating ODB with other applications
To sign up for these services, you can simply email or call us; our phone number is (617) 720-6190 and our email is support <at> organizersdb.org.
*For social justice groups based in eastern Massachusetts, we offer some additional discounts off of the rates quoted on these pages.